Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Ev.--

For my IR, like all the rest.

Ev.--

I swam up from underneath as soon as I knew what you were and I ate you
and still you evolved, but I suppose I did too.
I was first and last; I was one who would not be ruled,
And purged from the soil, though I returned wise, and smooth, and I
Whispered to myself about how sometimes...
I was the tree, I was the sweetest and most bitter of bitten truth,
And you took it from my hand and you were purged and cast out with me,
...there was secret joy in my heart because now only I possessed you.

Myself is everywhere; I kiss my children goodnight, and cook your dinner
While you fuck your secretary, and random girls who rub your cock on subways.
I crack and bleed inside sometimes, and find myself holding
A child or three or four under the water in the bath. That is myself also.
Myself sometimes has grown old, and sits alone in bed, while hickory women,
Also darker versions of myself, alternate between hitting me with pink palms;
Their dark hands wipe the shit from my thighs, and clean the bedsores that grow
...they push outward from the heart of me; I was left here, and am nothing now.

I have been in love before, I would not have anyone believe myself heartless
But I am a jealous lover, I have always been. I am in the heart of myself,
...everywhere, but never in You, no, never. Because love is nothing to you,
And always so disposable, is it not? What is my love against hers, or that one there--
The one with big red eyes, and dark green hair? She is myself, myself, myself, as well!
And I will eat you, all of you, I love you, I hate you, and I'm dragging you with me
...back to Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment